Check out our new and improved Tri-fold
Potential uses for the Malden Hospital site to enrich community life and match Malden and Medford needs
- Incubator space
- Community meeting spaces - rentable space
- Combined Use open/recreational space and moderate income elder housing
- A toddler and parents learning/socializing facility
- Walking paths, Picnic areas, Community gardens
- Café, Performance and arts center, Outdoor bandstand
- Tennis courts, Ball field, Soccer field, Outdoor workout space, Skateboard park
Reasons to consider alternate proposals other than an almost 400-unit apartment, condo, and assisted living complex
- Traffic Overload: Adding over 500 cars to an already heavily trafficked area
- Environmental Impact: Risk to stressed Fellsmere Pond ecosystem
- Expensive Housing: Cost of units beyond reach of median local incomes
- Green Space Deficit: Malden has the 2nd lowest ratio of green space
- Construction Impact: Developers “hope to avoid” blasting/damage to nearby foundations.
- WHO MOSTLY BENEFITS: The developer, NOT the community
To learn more, see this informational flyer...
Friends of Fellsmere Heights is a 501(c)(3) non-profit grassroots community group advocating for a community-centric development concept for the abandoned Malden Hospital site. Our mission is to minimize high-density development at the site and to preserve and enhance the quality of life of Malden and Medford residents through preservation of open space.